Xfce is very slow, part 2

Wes Gregg wes_catfish at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 18:21:32 CET 2014

Since 2007?(!?!)  I know the folks at Debian don't get into a hurry, lol (probably still waiting to see if that automobile thing I'd just a fad)... But I've been reading threads at the XFCE forum for months, now, and it looks like about 65% of the people trying to get help with issues related to bugs are running Debian "Stable." How they can call it that without laughing, IDK. If they really cared about stability, when new versions of files were released that FIX BUGS, they'd place them into their repos and remove the old versions so that the next time their users ran their update app (be it graphical or a command line command), their systems would actually become stable (IMHO).

Maybe "Old and Decrepit" was already taken, so they hired an advertising agency to find them a name?

I don't know much about the technical side of Linux, but I know a little - so I have, in the past, tried to help people. Every time the person turned out to be a DS user, the problem turned out to be that the file(s) in question ended up being at least one version - and sometimes several - behind, so of course they never received bugfixes. It was pretty discouraging and when I tried to politely suggest that they switch to a distro that actually cared about reducing its users' problems, I was generally met with outright hostility (why is that?).

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android