How to disable notification popups?

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 20 13:32:47 CET 2014

previously on this list killermoehre contributed:

> The notifyd is triggered by dbus. As long one is available (i.e.
> installed and anounced at dbus), it starts.

Check

/usr/share/dbus-1/services

This is a very useful feature of dbus which I'm very glad exists and
glad it is filesystem based especially with suid for system-services (as
otherwise it would require constant auditing and make ensuring that
only considered functions run, difficult).

This directory is basically listed in the man page when it should
really be explained as important and near the top of the man page.
Bad docs is a common theme from projects of it's roots unfortunately.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)