Xfce is very slow, part 2

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jan 14 19:33:06 CET 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 20:21 +0200, Mișu Moldovan wrote:
> On 14 January 2014 19:46, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> >
> > The culprit already is found, by a command I posted and now I likely
> > will unsubscribe. But feel free to continue an idiotic kind of
> > troubleshooting or consider to take a look at the SMART attribute #1.
>
> Ralf, using a dirty language makes it so much harder to understand
> you... What do you mean by "idiotic troubleshooting"? Getting rid of
> GVFS to fix such a problem? Or perhaps switching to Arch Linux? :)

Try to read my mails and take care about Hartmut's replies. The SMART
attributes/IDs #1 and #7 are bad! And there is a firmware warning too.

GVFS btw. can damage HDDs seriously! It does cause spin down and ups for
"Green" drives. This is seemingly not the case for Hartmut's HDD, but we
couldn't know this and the HDD anyway seems to be broken.