ANNOUNCE Rodent last release

Harold Aling xfce at sait.nl
Wed Jan 8 11:20:39 CET 2014

On 29 December 2013 20:56, edscott wilson garcia <edscott at xfce.org> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> * This release closes all pending bugs and issues.

Looks like a good time to take another look at it! ;)

... unfortunately, Ubuntu doesn't provide all library dependencies:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of rodent:
 rodent depends on libdbh2; however:
  Package libdbh2 is not installed.
 rodent depends on librfm5; however:
  Package librfm5 is not installed.
 rodent depends on libtubo0; however:
  Package libtubo0 is not installed.
 rodent depends on libzip2 (>= 0.10); however:
  Package libzip2 is not installed.

The only library I could find was libzip2. Any simple solutions to
install Rodent on Ubuntu 13.10?

> The following plugins are included with Rodent (all in a file hierarchy
> design):
>  -- rodent-fstab (for mount/unmount physical devices)
>  -- rodent-ps (to monitor and signal processes)
>  -- rodent-dotdesktop (to access installed programs)
>  -- rodent-fuse (to manage file systems in user space)
>  -- rodent-ecryptfs (to manage encrypted file systems)
>  -- rodent-ftp (to manage remote ftp file systems)
>  -- rodent-sftp (to manage remote ssh file systems)
>  -- rodent-obex (to manage remote bluetooth file systems)
>  -- rodent-nfs (to manage remote nfs file systems)
>  -- rodent-cifs (to manage remote cifs file systems)
>  -- rodent-smb (to navigate Windows SMB network)

The only plugins I'm interested in are sftp and maybe fstab. Wouldn't
it be nicer to provide these plugins in separate packages? (like
xfce4-panel does)

Cheers!

Harold