ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.1.4 released

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Thu Feb 27 12:50:15 CET 2014

Hi Landry,

First thank you for testing :) and for testing it on OpenBSD :D I'm glad
to hear that it works ... ok, mostly ;)

Am 27.02.2014 09:24, schrieb Landry Breuil:

> Some notes:
> - a bit slow when searching apps, dunno if it's the display w/ clutter which slows down everything (i have X accel of course)

Yes, I noticed it on my second computer. I think the cause is that
xfdashboard have to load all icons from disk and create the OpenGL
textures for it. I believe most time is spent to load the icons
synchronously. Maybe I get it working sometimes to load them
asynchrously then searching apps should be faster but missing icons
until loading them is completed.

> - spews some warnings on stderr about missing icons in the theme
> (xfdashboard:2483): xfdashboard-WARNING **: Could not load themed icon 'elementary': L'icône « elementary » n'est pas présente dans le thème
> (xfdashboard:2483): xfdashboard-WARNING **: Could not load themed icon 'f1spirit.png': L'icône « f1spirit.png » n'est pas présente dans le thème
> (xfdashboard:2483): xfdashboard-WARNING **: Could not load themed icon 'roadfighter.png': L'icône « roadfighter.png » n'est pas présente dans le thème
> (xfdashboard:2483): xfdashboard-WARNING **: Could not load themed icon 'capitan.png': L'icône « capitan.png » n'est pas présente dans le thème

I have also some missing icons ;) Ok, the question might be it is worth
a warning, a message or dismiss the message silently. If it is too
annoying I can dismiss them (as debug message).

> - the virtual desktop list on the right doesnt take a lot of horizontal space, i dont see the whole workspace (but maybe that's because i have a dualscreen)

Could you explain it a little bit more? I also have a dual screen setup
and I see both screens in the workspace selector. So I need some more
information what you see and what you expect to see. If I is hard to
describe you can also send me a screenshot to my private mail address.

> - dragndropping running apps doesnt seem to work for all of them, i can select only the apps which are on the left of the list

Are you talking about drag'n'drop a window from windows view to a
workspace in the workspace selector?

Regards,

Stephan