Problem with xfce start -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Feb 11 09:20:22 CET 2014

On 10/02/14 20:08, Marshall Neill wrote:
> This may sound ridiculous but why not create another user and see if
> that helps.  If it does, then obvioulsy something in your
> configuration is borked.

Yes, done that, "configuration is borked." as you say. What I want to
know is what and find a way to fix the problem. I created a second user
and xfce still comes up on console-2, Console-1, does not display the
same messages about xfce, and xfce under the new user works nicely,
stuff happens quickly, there's no delay when doing "su" and entering
password.

I could live with it coming up on console-2, that may be a peculiarity
to the Dell Optiplex 755 that I only noticed now, but the sluggish
response to some commands and very slow start is indicative of a problem
affecting xfce ...

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/w2bod
Box10 Fedora-20/64bit Linux/XFCE