xfce lost its power management app

Arthur H. Edwards edwardsah3 at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 6 01:16:37 CET 2014

They are all installed. . After a distribution upgrade ( to saucy) I can
see the power management item in the settings menu, but I just can't get
xfce4-power-manager to start up. When I try to start
xfce4-power-manager-settings, I get the following:

lapdog/usr/bin>xfce4-power-manager-settings

(xfce4-power-manager-settings:5556):
xfce4-power-manager-settings-CRITICAL **: Unable to get configuration
information from xfce power manager: Did not receive a reply. Possible
causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message
bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the
network connection was broken.

This is after (apparently) invoking the power manager.

Art Edwards

--
  Arthur H. Edwards
  edwardsah3 at fastmail.fm