Network Manager applet not in panel in 14.04

Miguel Guedes miguel.a.guedes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 23:26:20 CEST 2014

On 25/04/14 17:15, Chris Green wrote:
> It produces:-
>
> indicator-application                           install
> libappindicator3-1                              install
> libindicator3-7                                 install
> xfce4-indicator-plugin                          install

Home now and can confirm I've got the following (*indicator*) packages
installed:

gir1.2-appindicator3-0.1			install
indicator-application				install
indicator-application-gtk2			install
indicator-bluetooth				install
indicator-datetime				install
indicator-keyboard				install
indicator-messages				install
indicator-power					install
libappindicator1				install
libappindicator3-1				install
libindicator3-7					install
libindicator7					install
python-appindicator				install
xchat-indicator					install
xfce4-indicator-plugin				install

In addition, I've got only one instance of nm-applet running so, if I
were you, I would terminate yours and attempt to run nm-applet manually
and see what it outputs -- I'm pretty sure it is going to complain about
something being wrong.

Hope this helps.