Any geriatric settings?

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 14:41:39 CEST 2014

previously on this list Charles A Edwards contributed:

> The Screen Resolutions

Windows urges you to use dpi (125%) but I find it breaks/fools? some
websites that rely on width resolution detection. So I would stick with
resolutions and what has been mentioned rather than considering a lower
dpi. OTOH it may not be handled the same way on unix-likes and so
maybe worth investigating.

pixel widths vary from screen to screen and os to os these days so it is
quite complicated and probably easier to simply test on your system
than try to understand. Possibly like colours any efforts to
standardise may have gone out the window when the dumbly shaped
widescreen landed.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)

because whilst 'apropos' is traditionally the most powerful command on
Unix-like systems it's 'modern' replacement 'apropos' on Linux is a tool
to help psychopaths learn to control their anger.

(Kevin Chadwick)