Monitor/Power Management

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Tue Apr 8 03:54:30 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-08 at 00:40 +0100, Nigel Verity wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm running Xfce 4.8 on Debian, installed on a laptop. I need to display a static image for a long period of time (> 2 hours) without the screen going blank. No matter how I set the power management, the screen always blanks after a few minutes, whether running on AC power or the battery.
>
> Could anybody advise on the simplest way to keep the screen "alive" continuously?

Main Menu --> Settings --> Screensaver --> Advanced

Uncheck "Power Management Enabled"

File --> Restart Daemon

> Thanks
You are welcome.

greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
"If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound
ourselves."
    -- Thomas A. Edison