any solution to white on white boundaries?

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Mon Apr 7 15:36:46 CEST 2014

On Sun, 2014-04-06 at 23:44 -0700, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> On 04/06/2014 08:34 PM, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > On Sun, 2014-04-06 at 20:02 -0700, ToddAndMargo wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> Xfce 4.8
> >>
> >> Are there any themes out there that will give a
> >> boundary line on both the right and the left of
> >> an open windows.  Currently my right boundary has
> >> no border, blends with the white of the
> >> windows under it and I can tell where one start and
> >> one stops.  I has tried all the pre-canned themes.
> >>
> >> Many thanks,
> >
> > Since about 4.4, I have been using in "Appearances"
> >
> > Style: Adwaita
> > Icons: Human
> > Fonts: Bitstream Vera Sans Roman size 8
> > 	Enable Anti-Aliasing
> > 	Full Hint
> > 	RGB Sub-Pixel ordering
> > 	Toolbar style: Icons
> > 	Menus and Buttons: Show Images on button and menus
> > 			Enable editable accelerators
> >
> > In Windows manager:
> > Style: LineArt
> >
> > These settings work for me.
> >

> Hi Greg,
>
> Thank you.  I don't have a "Adwaita" in my list.  Can it be
> downloaded from somewhere?
> -T

Sure... it is packaged up in Debian on "gnome-themes-standard." I'm sure
it is available from the GNOME project and can be easily installed.

I use "Evolution," so it brings a lot of GNOME packages into my machine.
Adwaita is my go to theme.

"LineArt" is a xfwm4 piece.
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
"If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound
ourselves."
    -- Thomas A. Edison