preferred browser

Marton Balazs balmar3 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 10:21:48 CEST 2013

Hi,

I recently came across this problem on Ubuntu 12.04 and Alpine. The
solution was for me

sudo update-alternatives --config x-www-browser

which seems simply to change the symlink at

/etc/alternatives/x-www-browser

(to point to /usr/bin/firefox or whichever choice of browser you make.
This one seems to be used by yet another symlink

/usr/bin/x-www-browser).

Regards,
Marton