Is Openbox installed by default with the standard XFCE installation?

killermoehre killermoehre at gmx.net
Wed Nov 6 10:00:12 CET 2013

Am 05.11.2013 23:08, schrieb zalit at gmx.com:
> Hi
>
> I have read that Openbox works nicely with XFCE. Is it true?
>
> Is Openbox installed by default with the standard XFCE installation? Or
> do I have to install it as an addition, after XFCE?
>
> Thanks

Hi zalit,

The standard window manager for Xfce is xfwm4. Since xfwm4 and openbox
goes with the xdg-standard, you can run »openbox --replace« to switch to
openbox in a running session. This is saved in the session-manager, too.
Another way would be to deinstall xfwm4 and putting openbox in autostart.

Regards