ubuntu 12.04 + xfce 4.8: no audio anymore

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Fri May 24 18:25:32 CEST 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 6:05 PM, Hartmut Haase <hha4491 at web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> from one login to the other my audio has vanished. The hardware is o. k.,
> because XP still has audio. I suppose xfce has killed something during
> logout, as it sometimes does.
> Where should I look to get audio back?

It depends on what you do, but my experience wtih the 4.8 mixer is
that if you use the 'mute' function then it can be very tricky to
'unmute'. In Audio Mixer try to Mute/Unmute all relevant channels:
Master, Headphone, Speaker, PCM. Sometimes in Options you can have
additional relevant switches. If it still doesn't work, try running
alsamixer in the terminal and playing with that.

Liviu

>  --
> Viele Grüße,
> Hartmut