xfce4-session-4.10.1, authentication

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Tue May 7 15:13:28 CEST 2013

On Tue, 7 May 2013, Maximilien Noal wrote:

> Le 07/05/2013 00:06, Allin Cottrell a écrit :
>> I've updated to xfce4-session-4.10.1 (and I'm using systemd).
>>
>> Everything seems fine, except that now I'm being asked to authenticate if I
>> choose to power down or reboot. This seems to be coming from
>> org.freedesktop.login1.
>>
>> Since I'm the sole user on my laptop this is a PITA; and it didn't happen
>> with xfce4-session-4.10.0. Any hints on what has to be edited to bypass the
>> authentication request? Thanks.
>>
> Hello,
>
> Edit the appropriate action in
> /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.login1.policy to :
> <allow_active>yes</allow_active>
>
> For example :
>>         <action id="org.freedesktop.login1.power-off">
>>                 <description>Power off the system</description>
>>                 <message>Authentication is required for powering off the
>> system.</message>
>>                 <defaults>
>> <allow_any>auth_admin_keep</allow_any>
>> <allow_inactive>auth_admin_keep</allow_inactive>
>> <allow_active>yes</allow_active>
>>                 </defaults>
>>         </action>

Thanks. But in fact I already have

<allow_active>yes</allow_active>

among the defaults for both org.freedesktop.login1.reboot and
org.freedesktop.login1.power-off, in that file; the "defaults"
section is identical to what you show above, yet I'm being
asked to authenticate.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics