Appfinder slow in 4.10

Anzan Hoshin Roshi anzanhoshinroshi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 14:19:18 CET 2013

Hi,

I am trying to use appfinder in place of Gnome-Do however I find it starts
up very slowly.

Super+R (for appfinder) or Alt+F2 (for appfinder without options listed,
formerly xfrun) both take 4 to 5 seconds to pop up. I have the option to
"keep running instance in the background" checked.

How can I speed this up?

I've posted this on the forums, but no joy:

It was suggested that I try performance tips such as turning off
anti-aliasing but that did not help. This is a very very fast system.

It's just appfinder that is slow.

I've looked in Settings Editor under appfinder but did not see a listing I
could change for Xconf.

Thanks,
Anzan