Dock: remove icon inside the tooltip

Camaleón noelamac at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 15:07:21 CET 2013

El 2013-03-27 a las 08:53 -0400, Greg Folkert escribió:

> On Tue, 2013-03-26 at 18:00 +0100, Camaleón (Gmail) wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to find a way to remove the icon that shows along with the
> > tooltip text when you put the mouse over the dock icons.

(...)

> Create a single pixel transparent icon. Name it something like
> "no_icon.png" or something like that.
>
> Edit each launcher to show that icon.

Mmm... then I see no way to identify the application to launch ;-)

> Right Click on Launcher -> Properties -> Edit the currently selected
> item -> Click on the icon -> Select Image file -> select your image file
> -> Save
>
> It definitely removes the Icon.

But I want to see the icon at the dock and just hide it when the user
puts the mouse over it.

To be sincere, this is the first time I see a tooltip with icons, if at
least the icon size could be tweaked, but it's also too big to my taste
(bottom panel is 22px and tooltip icons seem to be 32px).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón