The future of Xfce (or beating the Gtk3 horse to death)

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 21 22:20:05 CET 2013

> > More evil then Microsoft? I am thinking Apple. I am thinking Google. I am
> > thinking Facebook.
> >
> > They are not monopolies, but they are more evil.
> >
> > Microsoft only wanted to have our money. Now money is not enough anymore.
> > They want our privacy. They do not even want to sell us anything, they
> > want to sell us a licence and tell us what to do.
> Yes, I couldn't agree more.  It's a dangerous world out there.  I may be
> 'looking in the wrong direction', so to speak.  The age of the software
> monopoly may be ending, but the age of the 'information' monopoly may be
> upon us.  This 'cloud' stuff scares the wits out of me.
>
> Thanks for opening my eyes a bit wider.

Google may have an agenda and get quite a few things needlessly wrong,
like an unusable Android calendar without a net connection or unusable
google groups without javascript or needlessly unusable android
openssh(glad they added it though) without apps but they are far far
more responsible, professional and do lots of Good when compared to
Microsoft who without even considering the history or them
owning facebook (which has a good side, though I'm not signed up yet),
needlessly costs the world millions of pounds and hours of time, every
month.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)