Strange effects when changing system time

Silvio Knizek killermoehre at gmx.net
Tue Mar 12 10:39:18 CET 2013

Use ntpdate at start up to set the right time before you start your graphical environment.

"Andreas Müller" <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> schrieb:

Hi,

I don't know if it is XFCE related but maybe somebody can help me
here: Since it has no RTC backup (yet), my embedded device boots with
system date 1st Jan 2000. After logging on to a XFCE session as root
and calling

timedatectl "YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm"

earlier or later mouseclicks and all keyboard input except Alt+Tab are ignored.

Has anybody seen this - or even better - a solution for this?

Andreas