XFCE 4.10: New window's top decorations hidden behind panel

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 01:51:23 CET 2013

Hi,

I upgraded to XFCE 4.10, when I upgraded my OS to Fedora 18.

I use only one panel. It is located at the top of my desktop and stretched over the full length. It is permanently there, so it's not 'auto-hiding'.

Occasionally when I open a new window, that window goes at the top of the desktop, with its top-decorations hidden behind the panel.
It is then very difficult to move the window elsewhere on the desktop; I need keyboard intervention with TAB-key + mouse dragging.

Is it possible for XFCE to position a new window BELOW the panel border, instead of partially behind it?

Thank you.
Rob.