Whisker Menu an alternate application launcher for Xfce

Graeme Gott graeme at gottcode.org
Wed Jun 26 01:36:10 CEST 2013

On 06/25/2013 05:30 PM, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> Dear Graeme,

>>> The problem likely comes from an outdated C++11 package (version 4.6
>>> here). It should be >= v4.7:
>>>
>>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14674597/cc1plus-error-unrecognized-command-line-option-std-c11-with-g
>>
>> The problem is forcing the use of c++11 in a simple panel plugin. Unless
>> there's a real reason, it's nicer to stick to regular c99 or c++...
>>
> Would it be possible to relax this requirement, so that people on
> Ubuntu Precise could use your plugin?

Unfortunately there is a bug in the GCC 4.6 (the compiler of Ubuntu
Precise) and the released version of my plugin doesn't work with it even
if you relax it to -std=c++0x. I will be making a bugfix release in the
next few days that works on Ubuntu Precise (and PPA packages for it as
well).

Cheers,
Graeme