Whisker Menu an alternate application launcher for Xfce

Graeme Gott graeme at gottcode.org
Tue Jun 25 12:37:47 CEST 2013

On 06/25/2013 04:30 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 06:37 +0200, Genghis Khan wrote:
>> There is a PKGBUILD available in AUR repository.
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin/
>
> Too funny, I wanted to build an Arch package right now :D. It wasn't
> there, when I tried to build it from git. However, I assume the package
> doesn't use the path /usr/local, so this problem still appears, since I
> want to have it there.

You can configure it with -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local to put it
there, but unless your Xfce is located under /usr/local as well it won't
work. A quick check of the source code shows that the Xfce panel only
looks for plugins under LIBDIR/panel/plugins and LIBDIR/panel-plugins,
with LIBDIR determined when Xfce is compiled.