Whisker Menu an alternate application launcher for Xfce

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 20:23:20 CEST 2013

Le 24 juin 2013 00:08, "Liviu Andronic" <landronimirc at gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 10:36 PM, Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com>
wrote:
> >>make  (5892)
> > Scanning dependencies of target whiskermenu
> > [  5%] Building CXX object
> > src/CMakeFiles/whiskermenu.dir/applications_page.cpp.o
> > cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-std=c++11’
> > make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/whiskermenu.dir/applications_page.cpp.o]
Error 1
> > make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/whiskermenu.dir/all] Error 2
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >>make (5892) returned '2'
> >
> The problem likely comes from an outdated C++11 package (version 4.6
> here). It should be >= v4.7:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14674597/cc1plus-error-unrecognized-command-line-option-std-c11-with-g

The problem is forcing the use of c++11 in a simple panel plugin. Unless
there's a real reason, it's nicer to stick to regular c99 or c++... just an
example: we in OpenBSD stick to gcc 4.2.1 and we have to complicate our
lives to deal with that.

Landry