Xfce and UEFI

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Tue Jun 18 13:37:40 CEST 2013

My laptop died on me recently so I am looking to buy a new one. (It is
not my main machine, but I still expect to use it a lot.) Since it will
be new I suppose it will be set up to use UEFI as opposed to the old
BIOS system which I am used to.

The machine will be running Xubuntu only, I have not gone near Windows
for years. I have had a look at various help files via Google and am
feeling rather baffled.

Does anyone on the list have any help/advice for me about this please?
This could also be of interest to others on the list. One of the
problems I have found while doing my research is that most of the
writers assume that everyone who uses Linux wants to dual boot with Windows.

Thanks

Neil