The future of Linux

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jun 11 00:26:38 CEST 2013

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:

> Out of newbie curiosity, what is your file manager of choice ?

Ron,

   ls, rm, cd, mv, pushd, popd ... :-) I tried mc (Midnight Commander) years
ago and quickly went back to the command line. But, in my defense, I also
use sed, awk, and grep for a lot of file related things.

   I started computing with paper tapes and punched Hollerith cards. I much
prefer the command line for everything textual.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |      Have knowledge, will travel.
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |