The future of Linux

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 00:19:04 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Renaud  OLGIATI
<renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 14:57:08 -0700 (PDT)
> Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>
>> What I mean is that I don't use Thunar
>
> Out of newbie curiosity, what is your file manager of choice ?

Mine is bash :)

I do use one of the graphical folder views occasionally (not sure
which - away from that computer at the moment and only have SSH; can't
see it in update-alternatives), but only for firing up movies and
such, and most of that I do using the Yosemite Project. For actual
file manipulation, I almost invariably use command-line tools. One
reason for this is that it's easy to 'sudo' the odd command that needs
root, but I prefer not to run a graphical file manager as root (mainly
due to a history of such things going and doing too much - like moving
a directory to trash unexpectedly and without a confirmation, really
don't want that happening to /etc!).

ChrisA