The future of Linux

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Mon Jun 10 19:36:19 CEST 2013

I have read recently the suggestion that the future desktop for Linux
will be either Mate or Cinnamon or possibly both. The others, I read,
are destined to fall by the wayside.

I have been using Xfce for a long time, most recently with Xubuntu. I
have looked at Mate and Cinnamon, and I have also used KDE in the past.

My hope is that Xfce is going to continue into the foreseeable future. I
just don't like the others. The whole idea of Linux is choice, right?

Can I be confident that Xfce will continue to be supported and available
in the future? Or is it really destined to be lost to us eventually?

Regards

Neil