Editing the Applications Menu

Renaud OLGIATI (Ron) renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Mon Jun 10 13:25:33 CEST 2013

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 10:58:26 +0200
Hartmut Haase <hha4491 at web.de> wrote:

> > When I right-click on the Applications Menu button in the panel,
>  > a menu opens which offers me Properties; this in turn has a button
>  > Edit Menu which opens a menu edition window.
> > Sadly, none of the buttons in that window does anything.

> do you mean this menu
> http://www.picpaste.de/Einstellungseditor_005-c5Kr2odD.png ?

No, what it opens is the alacarte menu editor.

Which I suspect cannot change anything unless run as root.

When I run it as root the buttons do move or delete items; but this does not affect the use menu.

More digging to do.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
              Never worry about theory as long as the machinery
                        does what it's supposed to do.