File names in Thunar

Renaud OLGIATI (Ron) renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Sun Jun 9 23:55:56 CEST 2013

While looking through /usr/share/applications/ to modify the Applications Menu, in a brand new install of SolydX,  I saw with dismay that, as configured by default,Thunar fails to display properly the names of files, and shows instead "cute" names refering to the file content: for instance, instead of /usr/share/applications/exo-mail-reader.desktop it shows "Mail Reader".

Is there a way to configure to force the display of the real file name ?

Or is there another file manager that displays those real names names ?

( I know I can get the real file name by opening with Mousepad, and looking in the title-bar of the Mousepad window for the filename, but it is a bit heavy. )

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                          Confucius he say too much.