vlc and scaling

Todd And Margo Chester toddandmargo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 00:51:09 CEST 2013

Dear Xfce Developers,

Scientific Linux 6.4, 64 bit
Xfce 4.8
vlc-2.0.6-6.el6.x86_64
Display 1680x1050

Whenever I fire up a large video with VLC, it will run off
the right side and the lower, right edge of screen.  Very
annoying.  MPlayer does not do this.  MPlayer will scale
to the lower edge of the screen, above my #2 panel.  So,
I figure this is a VLC bug.  The folks at VLC do NOT agree.

I created the follow bug report to try to get it fixed:
     https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/8744

Would one of our intrepid Xfce programmer heroes please
take a gander over at the bug and see if you can tell
what is happening uniquely with VLC?

Here is a video you can download and test with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCucnn-95nY

Many thanks,
-T

This is my VLC upgrade script:

$ cat upgrade-vlc
#!/bin/bash

Cmd="yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=atrpms* upgrade vlc"
echo "$Cmd"
su root -c "$Cmd"