xplanet and desktop backgound

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jun 6 16:18:31 CEST 2013

(This is xfce 4.8 on ubuntu 12.04)

Once I had xplanet running correctly: It draws its picture on the desktop
background.
But now, when I move windows, they erase the earth picture and there is a
blue background behind. Until, after 5 minutes xplanet redraws its picture.

I tried it with:

xplanet -XID $(xprop -root XFCE_DESKTOP_WINDOW | awk '{print $NF}')

In Session Manger -> Desktop I have set:
Image: None
Colors: Transparent

Where is my error?

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Informationssysteme und Serverbetrieb
Rechenzentrum IZUS/TIK         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
Allmandring 30a                Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/
REF: <20130606141831.GA10665 at rus.uni-stuttgart.de>