[Panel Plugin] Application Menu ignores Xdg

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Mon Jul 1 17:03:45 CEST 2013

On Mon, 01 Jul 2013 09:28:37 -0400
Graeme Gott <graeme at gottcode.org> wrote:

> On 07/01/2013 09:08 AM, Genghis Khan wrote:
> > On Mon, 01 Jul 2013 08:21:25 -0400
> > Graeme Gott <graeme at gottcode.org> wrote:

> >> It looks to me like an oversight in garcon (the library used by the
> >> Application Menu panel plugin). Thunar just calls "exo-open" with
> >> the URL of the desktop file, but garcon calls "exo-open --launch
> >> WebBrowser" instead.
> >
> > Thank you for your respond. Do you confirm this bug?
> >
> > I just checked this desktop file with Whisker Menu and
> > xfce4-appfinder and they also launch a web browser like Application
> > Menu does.
> >
> > Whisker Menu and xfce4-appfinder would make good contact managers
> > for mailto: and sip: URIs.
>
> I don't have any launchers that are of type Link so I can't confirm it
> myself, but it would explain the results you are seeing. Whisker Menu,
> the Application Finder, and the Applications Menu all use garcon, so
> they would all suffer from the same issue.

I have attached a launcher called "Xfce Mailing List", it should be
available under "Other" category. Problem remains, Midori is being
launched instead of Claws-Mail. Please confirm.

Extract this launcher to ~/.local/share/applications/

Contents:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Xfce Mailing List