Thunar no longer deletes to trash; permanent delete only

Bob Zubaly rzubaly at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 19:22:12 CET 2013

Hi all,
I have just realized that Thunar 1.6.2 in Gentoo has lost the ability
to delete to the trash using the right-click menu item.  I can drag
and drop to trash, and the .local/share/Trash/files/ directory seems
to function normally.

I am 100% sure I had this functionality previously, because I know
that it was the default behavior; in order to permanently delete, I
had to hold shift while using the right-click menu.

I attempted to fix the issue by deleting
~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/thunar* without success.

What could I be missing here?  Thanks for any ideas.

--
Please support strong encryption for your personal privacy.

If it wasn’t written down it didn’t happen…