Thunar no longer deletes to trash; permanent delete only

Bob Zubaly rzubaly at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 18:23:20 CET 2013

> the trash in thunar is provided by gvfs. Maybe you missed a USE flag?
>

> Have you tried force-quitting Thunar via "Thunar -q"? I have noticed
> that sometimes the trash service is started after Thunar (as can be
> seen by an "unavailable" icon on the trash panel applet). Restarting
> Thunar this way always gives me back the option to move files to trash.
>
> BTW I?m using 1.6.1 here and haven?t noticed anything like this before
> the 1.6.x release.

Thank you for your suggestions; I checked the USE flags for thunar and
all available flags are in use, gvfs is installed, but there isn't a
USE flag in thunar for gvfs:

'[ebuild   R    ] xfce-base/thunar-1.6.2  USE="dbus exif libnotify
pcre startup-notification udev -debug {-test}" XFCE_PLUGINS="trash" 0
kB'

Mathias, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'force-quitting
thunar'?  Do you mean an action after it is running, or otherwise?  In
any case, 'thunar -q', when run from the command line, does nothing as
far as I can tell.