XFCE on a high-resolution touch screen

Peter F. Patel-Schneider pfpschneider at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 22:28:42 CET 2013

Hi:

I am using XFCE on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, which has avery nice 3200x1800 touch
screen display.

I've managed to get make some of the changes required for good usage on this
display, but I was wondering if anyone else had set up XFCE nicely on a
high-resolution touch screen.   Perhaps it would be possible to put together a
page on how to do this. Does anyone have a suggestion on where the page
shouldgo, and any changes that they have made?

Peter F. Patel-Schneider

PS: I modified an xfwm4 theme to make a bigger title bar, applied the patch to
make touch screen touches work on title bars, modified a gtk2 theme to make
wider scroll bars, and widened the XFCE panels and increased the icon size in
panels. However, that still leaves some icons too small, as well as a number
of other annoyances.