Introducing preview of xfdashboard - a "gnome shell"-like dashboard for xfce

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Tue Dec 24 16:27:05 CET 2013

Just in time for christmas I finished some features.

New is the notification actor which is shown when a favourite was added
to or removed from quicklaunch. A notification is also shown if starting
an application has failed.

Also new is the workspace selector which auto-expand if pointer in
entered this actor. The active workspace has a thick white border and
you scroll through the available workspace with your mouse-wheel. You
can also move windows from windows view and the active workspace to any
other workspace by drag'n'drop.

The workspace selector is a very basic one and not the one I want at the
end. But it's better than no one ;)

The downside of this new version is that I had to raise to minimum
version of libwnck required to 2.30. But each almost modern distribution
should ship it.

The new pre-release can be downloaded at:
https://github.com/gmc-holle/xfdashboard/releases/tag/v0.0.1-alpha_20131224

Merry christmas to all
Stephan