XFCE not working in different DISPLAYs

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Mon Dec 23 23:58:18 CET 2013

I have 4 monitors with each a DISPLAY running :0.0 :0.1 :0.2 and :0.4
I have 2 Nvidea cards with NVidea drivers
I have openSUSE 13.1, upgrade and also a new clean install
I have XFCE 4.10

Sometimes screen 0 and screen 1 do not have any wallpaper, nor is it
possible to right-click. When I change the wallaper, I do not see any
wallpaper.

In openSUSE 12.3 this used to work perfectly. Now sometimes when I log in,
it works great and I see the wallpapers and I can right click. Sometimes
it is not working on just screen 0 and sometimes not on screen 0 and 1.

I can run programs on those screens.

Seems to be happening at random and again: both on upgrade and on a new
clean install on a separate partition. Right click does nothing, yet when
I go to a different screen, it works perfectly.

Where can I start looking where the problem comes from? Is there anything
else I could do to help finding the problem? If need be I can film what
happens or try to take screenshots and put video and/or images on my site
or elsewhere.

It is as if part of XFCE is not running on those displays.

houghi
--
This is written under the inluence of the following: