Xfce Default Configuration

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Dec 22 13:58:24 CET 2013

> On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 11:42:35PM +0000, Nigel Verity wrote:
> > The default appearance is drab and does nothing to indicate the kind of look
> > that can be achieved. I believe that even something as simple as changing the
> > default wallpaper would be a good start. It's not a problem with the logo,
> > rather the lack of visual interest. A look at the default Mint wallpaper shows
> > the benefits of a more modern appearance. Making the icon label background
> > transparent by default, as can be achieved by modifying gtkrc-2.0, would also
> > be an improvement.

Use Mint and be happy. I never ever would use something like Mint and I
don't want that Xfce becomes that disgusting as Mint is for my taste.

I don't want fashions regarding to the visual design. Especially when
using the computer for doing visual design, a flashy DE is
counter-productive.

I don't want to become Arch Linux or other good Linux distros and
FreeBSD as terrible anti-KISS as Linux distros, such as Mint are. IOW I
don't want that Xfce upstream cares about
Apple-Microsoft-Android-Google-fashions.

If you prefer it the flashy fashion way, you're free to use Mint, but as
a basic design "tings" should be as simple, minimalist as possible,
since it's easier to add something if needed, than to remove useless
crap.

Regards,
Ralf