Missing character on keyboard

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Mon Dec 2 17:03:59 CET 2013

I was looking at the man page for dc, which is a RPN calculator. Most of
it is fine, since I am used to using the forth language. However, I have
noticed that the character which I need for calculating the square root
of a number is missing from my English UK keyboard.

The character for finding the power of a number is ^ which on my
keyboard is on the key for the number 6. On the man page the character
for square root is like an upside down version of the ^ symbol. That is
not on my keyboard. Research has not helped. And yes, I do know about
and use the compose key, in my case AltGr.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful,

thanks

Neil