midori: Killed

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Tue Aug 6 10:59:02 CEST 2013

Am 06.08.2013 10:23, schrieb Chris Angelico:
> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Grant <emailgrant at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Midori won't start for me. I get:
>>>
>>> $ midori
>>> The configuration couldn't be loaded: No such file or directory
>>> Killed
>>>
>>> I deleted ~/.config/midori with no change.  I'm on Gentoo.  Any ideas?
>> Is there a better place to ask about this?
> I don't know of one, beyond a web search for 'midori' and the error
> text. But if you want a crazy idea, try strace - you might be able to
> find out what file it's trying to read. Does it have configs in /etc
> that might be in error?

Two things I usually recommend when investigating any problems:

"midori -g" to get a backtrace if it crashes (it will run in gdb behind
the scenes).

Copy about:version and paste it when you talk about any problems.

If you're up for some interactive debugging it's always worth trying
#midori on Freenode.

ciao,
    Christian