PPS: GUI password changer

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 09:35:47 CEST 2013

Ralf,
Please do not break threads in this way, by randomly modifying the
subject line. If your reply still pertains to the original thread and
there are no good reasons to change it, please stick to that subject.

Regards,
Liviu

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> After doing some office work I had some time, so new shebang, new path,
> new option, new name:
>
> [rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ cat /usr/local/bin/chpassword
> #!/bin/sh
>
> echo -n "Change password of user: "
> read username
> echo -n "Do it being user: "
> read su_user
> if [ "$(id -u)" != "0" ]; then echo -n "$su_user's "; fi
> su $su_user -c "passwd $username"
> echo "Push enter to quit."
> read push_rtn
>
> exit
>
> Then run Alacarte and to "Settings" add a "New Item"
>
> Name:    Password
> Command: /usr/local/bin/chpassword
> Comment:
> [x] Launch in Terminal?
>
> This likely will add it to "Menu > Other" instead of "Menu > Settings",
> but should work as expected.

Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm
Do you know how to write?