Resume on lid open?

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Tue Sep 25 07:29:00 CEST 2012

I've been able to configure the XFCE power manager to suspend when I
close my laptop's lid.  However, it would be nice to also get it to
resume when I open the lid again.  But opening the lid does nothing;
instead I have to press the power button to resume.

This obviously isn't a terrible hardship, but it would be nice to have
the laptop working a bit more streamlined.  (And a bit more Mac-like.)
:-)  Is there any way to configure this in XFCE?  Or, if this isn't an
XFCE-specific change, might someone be able to point me to a reference
elsewhere on how this could be done?

Thanks,

DR