xfce4-weather-plugin: symbols & descriptions update

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Thu Sep 13 20:06:12 CEST 2012

Am 13.09.2012 16:37, schrieb Mișu Moldovan:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Harald Judt <h.judt at gmx.at> wrote:
> [snip]
>> With no answers to these questions, I see no other solution than to look for
>> an alternative icon set which is free and conforms to the GPL. There are a
>> lot of free weather icons out there, but I'd like to avoid replacing it,
>> because users got accustomed to it. There have been no complaints about it
>> so far, though it surely has its drawbacks (e.g. dark panels).
>
> The current set of icons look great in my dark panel. Please see
> attached screenshot for an illustration.

Yes, that icon looks nice, but moon and rain drops are sometimes hard to
distinguish from the dark panel. Liquid icon set won't be changed (seems
to be GPL) and you will be able to use another theme in the next version
anyway, so no problems here. Proper license is an important issue, though.

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'