Window Buttons behavior

Maximilien Noal noal.maximilien at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 12:57:56 CEST 2012

On 07/09/2012 11:54, Athlion wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering, is there any way we can mimic windows 7 taskbar
> behavior on XFCE? I'm mostly interested in combining launchers and
> window buttons seamlessly to nice big buttons which would act as
> launchers and window buttons. I'm curently using (and loving) the
> deskbar style of the panel but find unecessary and unintuitive: I
> don't always know where my needed window button is in the window list
> so I can't learn to automatically drive the mouse there...
>
> Thanks!

Hello,

There was a similar request on the french ubuntu-fr forums' xfce
subsection not too long ago :
http://forum.xubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?id=1023191

Since I doubt, you read French, I'll try to sum it up. In short, you use
the capabilities of wmctrl in launchers :
sh -c 'wmctrl -a "window title" || "binary"