Keyboard settings reset after suspend/resume

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Tue Oct 30 22:24:30 CET 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-30 at 19:02 +0100, Boris Hollas wrote:
> There only essential file locate finds is
> /usr/share/bug/xserver-xorg-input-evdev/script.
> There's nothing in /etc. The script is quite long and I don't know what
> it does.

The only thing of consequence that evdev *really* provides is (depnding
on your distribution)

/usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so

Here is the clipped manpage for "evdev" (missing "config details" and
"supported properties")

NAME
       evdev - Generic Linux input driver

SYNOPSIS
       Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier "devname"
         Driver "evdev"
         Option "Device"   "devpath"
         Option "Emulate3Buttons"     "True"
         Option "Emulate3Timeout"     "50"
         Option "GrabDevice"     "False"
       EndSection

DESCRIPTION
       evdev is an Xorg input driver for Linux´s generic event devices.
It therefore supports all input devices that the kernel knows about,
including most mice, keyboards, tablets and touchscreens.  evdev is the
default driver on the major Linux distributions.

       The evdev driver can serve as both a pointer and a keyboard input
device. Multiple input devices are supported by multiple instances of
this driver, with one InputDevice section of your xorg.conf for each
input device that will use this driver.

       It is recommended that evdev devices are configured through the
InputClass directive (refer to xorg.conf(5)) instead of manual
per-device configuration. Devices configured in the xorg.conf(5) are not
hot-plug capable.

SUPPORTED HARDWARE
       In general, any input device that the kernel has a driver for can
be accessed through the evdev driver.  See the Linux kernel
documentation for a complete list.

greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
"And now, this is the sweetest and most glorious day that ever my eyes
did see."
    -- Donald Cargill