Keyboard settings reset after suspend/resume

killermoehre killermoehre at gmx.net
Tue Oct 30 17:04:01 CET 2012

Am 30.10.2012 16:37, schrieb Boris Hollas:
> On 29.10.2012 13:11, killermoehre wrote:
>> This is a known bug with keyboard hotplugging. To prevent this, set your
>> layout and other options with evdev.
>
> what in particular do I have to do? Do I have to edit xorg.conf?
>
> I use an external keyboard connected to my dock and the laptop
> keyboard (if undocked). I also have two GPUs so I can't specify a
> graphics driver in xorg.conf.
>
> Today, I had the problem that none of my keyboards and mice worked
> after docking, so I rebooted.
With installed evdev driver you should become some *evdev* file in
/etc/X11*/xorg.conf.d (well, at least at Arch Linux), where you can
specify the generic keyboard settings. In Xfce make sure to choose »Use
Systemd default« as keyboard layout. Here is a example one from the Arch
wiki: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=4mPY35Mw

Regards