connection problem with Nixnote

Esteban Gmail esteban.turquoise at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 00:01:55 CEST 2012

Il 02/10/2012 12:00, xfce-request at xfce.org ha scritto:
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 20:52:25 -0400
> From: Anzan Hoshin Roshi<anzanhoshinroshi at gmail.com>
> To: Xfce general discussion list<xfce at xfce.org>
> Subject: Re: connection problem with Nixnote
>
> Hi Esteban,
>
> Just to note, Xubuntu 12.04 here, same kernel, all updates; just tried
> Nixnote, connecting and syncing with no problem here.
>
> Are you running Xfce 4.8 or 4.10? I'm running 4.8 on this device.
>
> Anzan

Hi Anzan,
i think that my xfce version is 4.8.3.
Well, i have disinstalled (remove completely) nixnote and after i have
installed nixnote 1.2 from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nevernote/files/latest/download?source=files
But it didn't work so i have renamed .nevernote into .nevernoteold but
in a while the dir .nevernote was created again. The app was blocked, it
didn't start, another process has blocked the database; the error
message was:

	Unable to connect to the database.
	The most probable reason is that some other process
	is accessing the database or NixNote is already running.
	Please end any other process or shutdown the other
	NixNote before starting.
	Exiting program.

So i launch nixnote with these parameters:
/usr/bin/nixnote NN_HOME=/home/<my_user>/.nixnote
NN_NAME=<my_evernote_account_username>
and it finally works. I close nixnote and i removed the hidden dirs that
i thought didn't need but the app blocked again, so i disinstalled
nixnote again and remove all the like .nevernote/.nixnote dirs from my
home. I installed then nixnote 1.3 from repository but doesn' work so
finally i removed app and dirs again and reinstalled nixnote 1.2. So i
launched the app with the command:

/usr/bin/nixnote NN_HOME=/home/<my_user>/.nixnote
NN_NAME=<my_evernote_account_username>

and it started and it had created a dir in my home named
.nevernote-<my_evernote_account_username>

Now it works, so i uncheck the nixnote repository because it propose me
tu upgrade nixnote to 1.3...

... but i would know what's happened... :-(

--
Stek Turku

inviata da Xubuntu