connection problem with Nixnote

Esteban Gmail esteban.turquoise at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 02:15:52 CEST 2012

Hi all,
first of all i love xfce and my S.O. is Xubuntu:

	Linux 3.2.0-31-generic GNU/Linux
	#50-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 7 16:17:36 UTC 2012

I don't know when but at this moment

	nixnote

doesn't connect to my Evernote account.

When i try to connect to my evernote account (menu' Tools --> Connect)
for sync the message in the status bar (at the bottom of the window) is

	SSL Support not found. Aborting connection

I launch nixnote by shell

	~$ nixnote

and this is the first message that i read:

	QtJambiInternal.buildMetaData: Writer for property content
	takes a type which is incompatible with reader's return type.

When i perform the same action (Tools --> Connect) the messages that i
read are:

QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSLv3_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_CTX_new
QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_library_init
QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function ERR_get_error
QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function ERR_error_string
Exception caught after invoking slot
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
	at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1949)
	at
cx.fbn.nevernote.oauth.OAuthWindow.temporaryCredentialsReceived(OAuthWindow.java:120)
	at
	at
	at
com.trolltech.qt.internal.QSignalEmitterInternal$AbstractSignalInternal.emit_helper(QSignalEmitterInternal.java:368)
	at com.trolltech.qt.QSignalEmitter$Signal1.emit(QSignalEmitter.java:209)
	at com.trolltech.qt.webkit.QWebView.__qt_loadFinished_boolean(Native
Method)
	at com.trolltech.qt.webkit.QWebView.loadFinished(QWebView.java:37)
	at
	at
	at
com.trolltech.qt.internal.QSignalEmitterInternal$AbstractSignalInternal.emit_helper(QSignalEmitterInternal.java:368)
	at com.trolltech.qt.QSignalEmitter$Signal1.emit(QSignalEmitter.java:209)
	at com.trolltech.qt.gui.QApplication.exec(Native Method)
	at cx.fbn.nevernote.NeverNote.main(NeverNote.java:853)

I think that could be a problem due to incompatibility of Java Code of
Nixnote with openjdk. I have installed in my linuxbox:

~$ java -version
	java version "1.6.0_24"
	OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.4)
	(6b24-1.11.4-1ubuntu0.12.04.1)
	OpenJDK Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)

Obviously this was happened after an update because nixnote in the past
worked fine.
Anyone could help me?

P.S.: sorry for my english; i hope you understand me.

--
Stek Turku

inviata da Xubuntu