Programmatically changing wallpaper

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Tue May 29 18:25:16 CEST 2012

On 05/29/2012 11:42 AM, hha4491 wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>> Anyone have any ideas?
> I'm using German, therefore I'm not sure to have the correct English
> expressions:
> Under Preferences->Desktop->Background you can activate Picture List.
> The standar picture list is /usr/share/xfce4/backdrops. I think you
> can link it to the folder where your wife's pictures are.

Thanks Hartmut. Yes, I'd got that far, but doing as you suggest just
seems to pick a random picture each time the desktop is started. Pat
wants them to change randomly every few minutes. That's what appears
to be missing in XFCE. I'll take a look in the folder you say and see
whether there's anything there which suggests I can chance the current
picture programmatically.

Brian.