Focus problem with java applications?

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Tue May 15 16:14:35 CEST 2012

Hi

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Bjørn T Johansen <btj at havleik.no> wrote:

> This isn't a problem caused by XFCE or? Anyway to find the guilty one?

It is a problem between Java and the window manager, xfwm4. Focus
management is a complex matter in X11 and Java makes it even more complex
by trying various tricks and hacks using/changing the "transient" property
on its dialogs..

So as much as I dislike Java and all its trickery, I am not going to
download 130Mb of proprietary software just to investigate one issue, so I
would need a simple reproducer otherwise chances are that I won't fix it.
Since I am not a Java developer myself and I no intention of becoming one,
this simple reproducer needs to come from someone else.

Cheers,
Olivier